MD-EAxx is the generic name for the Analog Audio embedders and de embedders, where xx refers to the channel quantity. With a maximum of 4 inputs and 4 outputs the available configurations are depicted in the table below.
They operate with 3G, HD and SD SDI signals auto detecting the input standard and accommodating the internal response to the input format and frequency.
In the Embedding mode analog audio input is digitized, with up to 24 bit resolution, and inserted into the SDI signal according to the detected standard; meanwhile, in the de embedder mode it is extracted and converted to analog with the same resolution.
MD-EAxxs are capable of performing both operations, embedding and de embedding, simultaneously.
Prior to the insertion and extraction processes the SDI input signal is equalized to compensate up to 140 meters (3G), 200 meters (HD) or 400 meters (SD) of high performance cable losses and reclocked to minimize its jitter.
Analog audio inputs and outputs are balanced and each channel has its own independent, dB calibrated, level control. Reference level can be set in order to comply, in a broad range, with the FSD (Full Scale Digital) level of the converted incoming / outgoing signal.
There is a versatile routing matrix prior to the embedding stage in order to allow different available audio sources (the analog inputs and the embedded in the input SDI) to be inserted into any group and pair according to the user’s requirement.
To compensate for eventual Lip Sync issues each audio pair can be delayed independently; mSec or video field steps can be chosen through the menu.
As all members of our modular line, for full operation, this unit has to be plugged into one AE-MFx series main frame, occupying one of the five available slots.
MD-EA22: 2 Input and 2 Output Channels
MD-EA44: 4 Input and 4 Output Channels
MD-EA40: 4 Input Channels (Embedder only)
MD-EA04: 4 Output Channels (De Embedder only)
- Simultaneous Embedding and De Embedding
- SDI input automatic standard detection, compatible with SMPTE 424M (2.97 Mb/s), SMPTE 292M (1.485 Gb/s) and SMPTE 259M (270 Mb/s)
- Equalization and reclocking processes
- Embedded / De Embedded audio processing as per SMPTE 425M, SMPTE 299M, SMPTE 272M and RP 168
- Embedding and De Embedding to/from any group and channel pair
- Up to 4 inputs and 4 outputs of Balanced Analog Audio
- Highly versatile output embedding matrix (available audio signals routing to different pairs)
- Precise, dB calibrated, per channel Input and Output Audio level control
- 0 dB FS settings for Embedding and De Embedding
- 10 bit video processing and 24 bit audio processing (20 or 24 in SD)
- Programmable audio delay, in a per channel basis, up to 170 mSec or 8 frames